COVID-19 Community Engagement & Programming Resources
- CLA’s Covid-19 Page
- Community Engagement During Covid-19: A Guide for Community Facing Staff (Oxfam)
- California State Library – Online and Remote Programming Resources from California Public Libraries
- Public Libraires Respond to Covid-19 Webinars from PLA
- Resources for Hosting Online Conversation Cafes in the Time of Pandemic
Resources for Community Engagement, Partnerships,Programming & Outreach for Adults & Intergenerational Groups
- 5 Steps of Outcome-Based Planning & Evaluation for Public Libraries – eBook and print
- ALA Libraries Transforming Communities – Resources for library staff to strengthen their role as community leaders and bring about positive change in their communities.
- ALA Center for Civic Life – Focuses on community engagement, community discussions
and forums. Hosts Civic Engagement Deliberate listserv.
- Building Effective and Innovative Partnerships webinar from LibraryWorks (shared with permission, link to zipped file).
- California Arts Council – offers grant opportunities. Sign up for ArtBeat newsletter.
- California Humanities – Promotes the humanities in California in order to help create “a state of open mind.” See the Cal Humanities Library Innovation Lab grant.
- California State Library – See CA Library Statistics.
- Center for the Book in the Library of Congress – our national organization.
- CLA Adult Services Interest Group
- Conversation Cafes
- Harwood Public Innovation for California’s Libraries
- National Endowment for the Arts – home of the NEA Big Read and more.
- Northern California Independent Booksellers Association
- Planning Your Community-Wide Read Guide from ALA.
- Poets & Writers – Fosters the professional development of poets and writers, promotes communication throughout the literary community, and helps create an environment in which literature can be appreciated by the widest possible public. Offers Reading & Workshops grants to libraries.
- Programming Librarian – A place for library professionals to share, learn and be inspired to present excellent programming for their communities.
- Project Outcome – A free toolkit offering libraries access to training, data analytics, and standardized surveys that measure outcomes in seven key library service areas.
- Public Library Association – Community Engagement & Outreach Resources & PLA Online Learning
- Super Library Marketing – Tons of marketing ideas!
- Visualizing Funding for Libraries – See who is funding library projects. Analyze funder and library networks. Identify gaps in funding. Discover natural collaborators.
- WebJunction Community Partnership and Collaboration Guide