Please review this information on submitting invoices to California Library Association for all California Center for the Book programs. Please provide this information about invoice submission to your speakers. Following these tips will ensure that the payment process is trouble-free and timely!
- We do NOT reimburse libraries or offer funds directly to libraries.
- For program speakers, we pay one payee directly as outlined on the program overview pages. This may or may not be a program partner. Payees may be organizations or individuals. See below regarding W-9.
- Program speaker fees may not be used for refreshments, marketing, or supplies, as these should be provided with local funds, in-kind contributions, or Friends and Foundation funds.
INVOICE SUBMISSION – Via E-mail Only
- Please review the INVOICE SAMPLE FY1920 CCFB CLA and include all information requested.
- Invoices should be submitted immediately after the event takes place, and within 30 days at latest.
- Paper checks are issued every two weeks from the CLA offices and mailed to the payee address provided.
- Email invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Librarian on the Cc line.
W9 FOR SPEAKER PAYMENTS $600 AND OVER (Individuals ONLY) – Via Hard Copy Mail Only
Please note: For individuals invoicing $600 or more in a year, the CLA office must have a completed Form W-9 before payment can be made. Please do not email the W-9 as it includes sensitive information. Send a hard copy and a note indicating CCFB / Library Name / Program Name (Book to Action, Community Conversations with Veterans, Mental Health, or Rural Libraries Tour) by mail to:
Pasadena, CA 91106