Please review this information on submitting invoices to California Library Association for all California Center for the Book programs.
- We do NOT reimburse libraries or offer funds directly to libraries.
- For program speakers/authors/presenters, we pay one payee as outlined on the program overview pages. This may or may not be a program partner. Payees may be organizations or individuals. See below regarding W-9. Payee invoices are usually paid after the program has taken place.
- For program books, we purchase directly through Ingram Library Services on behalf of the library, up to the total amount requested as outlined on the program overview pages.
- Refreshments, marketing, and other expenses should be provided with local funds, in-kind contributions, or Friends and Foundation funds. Program funds may not be used on these expenses.
Please provide this information about invoice submission to your speakers/authors/presenters. Following these tips will ensure that the payment process is trouble-free and timely!
INVOICE SUBMISSION – Email Only
- Invoices must be submitted within 30 days of service.
- Invoices must include an invoice number, date, bill to (CCFB), payee info (person or organization), and mailing address.
- Invoice description must include: Library Name, Program Name, and very brief description of service.
- Invoices should be submitted as a 1 page PDF (preferred) or MS Word doc.
- Email invoices to email@example.com. Do not email or mail invoices to the CLA office.
- Invoice emails should include the Librarian on the Cc line.
- Paper checks are issued every 2 weeks from the CLA offices and mailed to the payee address provided.
- PLEASE SEE THIS FY1819 CCFB INVOICE SAMPLE.
W9 SUBMISSION for Speakers/Authors (Individuals Only)
Please note: For individuals invoicing $600 total or more in a year, we must have a completed Form W-9 before payment can be made. Please do not email the W-9 as it includes sensitive information. Send a hard copy and a note indicating CCFB / Library Name / Program Name (Book to Action, Community Conversations, etc) by mail to:
Pasadena, CA 91106
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.