Read, Connect Discover: Library Bingo challenges California community members to read in a variety of formats and genres, connect with other community members, and discover new experiences and community places. Cards (and digital templates) are available in both ENGLISH and SPANISH and are FREE for California libraries and literacy programs, while supplies last. Bingo-style game cards present options in each of the three categories:
- ORANGE = READ Example: Read a biography or memoir.
- BLUE = CONNECT Example: Swap recipes with a friend or co-worker.
- GREEN = DISCOVER Example: Visit a local, state, or national park.
The cards were designed for use with your adult community members in mind. Community members complete five consecutive squares in any direction and return the card to the library. A brief survey is included on the back of the card.
Read, Connect, Discover: Library Bingo 2018-2019 Program Resources & Timeline
- 2019 cards were distributed to pre-registered libraries on 9/25/2018 at the CA Library Literacy Services Conference in Sacramento
- Check out the Read, Connect, Discover 2019 Tips (PDF)
- Use the cards anytime October 2018 – Summer 2019
- The digital versions are now available to anyone with a free Canva account. Click the English or Spanish link below then be sure to go make a local copy before you edit! How? File > Make a copy.
- English Template on Canva: http://bit.ly/2019_RCD_ENGLISH (Make a copy before you edit)
- Spanish Template on Canva: http://bit.ly/2019_RCD_SPANISH (Make a copy before you edit)
Share Your #ReadConnectDiscover #LibraryBingo Programs & Promotions
Share your photos, promotional materials, and community feedback with us by email or on social media. Examples below.
Tag us on Facebook and Instagram: @CaliforniaCenterfortheBook
Hashtags: #ReadConnectDiscover #LibraryBingo
Cards from past years (see also images below) – 2018 RCD Spanish | 2018 RCD English | 2017 RCD Spanish | 2017 RCD English | 2016 RCD Spanish 1 | 2016 RCD Spanish 2 | 2016 RCD English 1 | 2016 RCD English 2
View this post on Instagram
#Repost @montereypubliclibrary #readconnectdiscover #librarybingo #nationallibraryweek #librariesofinstagram ・・・ It’s officially National Library Week! We will be celebrating all the amazing ways that libraries transform. Join in the celebration by participating in our Adult Library Bingo or our National Library Week Scavenger Hunt. Materials for both activities can be found at the library. • • • #mplibrary #montereypubliclibrary #publiclibraries #librariesofinstagram #nationallibraryweek #bingo #librarybingo #scavengerhunt
#ReadConnectDiscover #LibraryBingo in California: A Short History
This program was developed with the assistance of librarians across the state and was piloted in spring of 2016 at 70 public library locations. Sincere thanks to the pilot libraries at the counties of Amador, Butte, Madera, Mendocino, Orange, San Mateo and Stanislaus, and the cities of Alhambra, Anaheim, Covina, Glendora, Huntington Beach, Monrovia, Ontario, Orland, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, and Willows.