We are bringing together library staff, academics, and practitioners in the literary, humanities, and tourism fields to provide content for a digital literary map of California that will be organized around the twelve tourism regions of the state (http://traveltrade.visitcalifornia.com/Maps/Regional-Map/)
The map will:
- celebrate the state’s literacy, cultural, and historical heritage
- showcase authors and works from all areas of the state (major metropolitan, rural, frontier and underserved)
- illustrate the diversity of our literary heritage
- engage new audiences by soliciting statewide input about local authors and works
- promote “literary tourism” to tie in with leisure activities throughout California
Use the form on our contact page to let us know about significant authors who have lived in or written about your area of California.