Book to Action is a framework that takes the basic book club concept and expands it to create a dynamic series of events for adults and intergenerational groups. Librarians work closely with a community partner to develop a series of programs. Community members read and discuss an engaging book on a current topic, attend author or speaker events, and put their new-found knowledge into action by participating in a community service project or civic engagement activity related to the book.
In 2020, 25 libraries will be selected to participate in creating a Book to Action series!
Each participating library will receive from California Center for the Book:
- $1,000 value/books shipped from Ingram, to give to the public for Book to Action
- $1,000 author/speaker fee, paid directly to the author or speaker of choice
Participating libraries agree to:
- Attend the in-person orientation if possible (see below)
- Collaborate with at least one community partner
- Plan a Book to Action series that encourages community learning, connection, and volunteerism/community engagement
- Ensure community surveys, program data, and final reporting are completed
- Actively share best practices with fellow librarians and program staff
2020 Book To Action Timeline
- July 22, 2019 – Applications Open – (See Planning Document)
- August 15, 2019 – Applications Due
- August 23, 2019 – Program notifications made
- October 24, 2019, 2:00PM – 5:00PM – Book to Action Orientation CLA Pre-Conference Session (travel support is available, pre-conference sessions are free)
- January 2020 – June 2020 – Programs take place
- July 15, 2020 – Book to Action Library Report Due / Community Surveys Due
IMLS and Statewide Aligned Program Goals & Outcomes
Outcome 2b: Californians discover and participate in learning opportunities at the library
Outcome 3c: Californians connect and collaborate through their library
Book to Action Toolkit & Examples
Start with the Book to Action Toolkit for program history, community partnerships and programming ideas, book suggestions, and tips. See the social media posts below, in addition to the examples in the toolkit, as inspiration.