Find timely reviews of current releases in the following publications.
- Martha Cornog and Steve Ratieri’s column in Library Journal (bimonthly). Additional column in The Shy Librarian.
- Kat Kan’s “Graphically Speaking” in Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA).
- Graphic novel review section in Booklist.
- School Library Journal covers graphic novels extensively.
- Philip Crawford, Graphic Novels 101: Selecting and Using Graphic Novels to Promote Literacy for Children and Young Adults: A Resource Guide for School Librarians and Educators.
(Hi Willow Research & Pub., 2003)
- Michele Gorman, Getting Graphic! Using Graphic Novels to Promote Literacy with Preteens and Teens.
(Linworth Publishing, 2003)
- Scott McCloud, Reinventing Comics : How Imagination and Technology Are Revolutionizing an Art Form.
(Perennial Currents, 2000)
- Steve Miller, Developing and Promoting Graphic Novel Collections (Teens @ the Library Series).
(Neal-Schuman Publishers, 2005)
- David Serchay, The Librarian’s Guide to Graphic Novels for Adults
(Neal-Schuman Publishers, 2009)
- Steve Weiner, Faster than a Speeding Bullet: The Rise of the Graphic Novel.
(Nantier Beall Minoustchine Publishing, 2004)