Discover, Discuss & Connect with the South San Francisco Library
South San Francisco Library is excited to announce our participation in the 2020 Book to Action program with support from California Center for the Book. The Library is partnering with South San Francisco’s Magnolia Senior Center and the San Mateo County Health Aging and Adult Services division to facilitate learning and discovery of ways for family members to survive the transition from loved one to caregiver and thrive. We selected two books for the community to read, The Conscious Caregiver by Linda Abbit and Holding the Net by Melanie Merriman, which will be available for free at select events. Throughout the month of April a variety of informative presentations and workshops led by library staff and partner organizations will “clear the path” of obstacles that may be preventing adults from taking care of themselves when caring for others.
Schedule of Events
- Friday, April 3rd, 12:00 p.m – Workshop Mindful Caregiving with Author Linda Abbit @ Magnolia Senior Center
- Wednesday, April 22nd, 1:30 p.m. – Self-Care and Stress Management, presented by Family Caregiver Alliance @ Main Library
- Thursday, April 16th, 10:00 a.m. – Book Talk with Author Melanie Merriman, “Holding the Net” @ Magnolia Senior Center
- Monday, April 27th, 1:00 p.m. – Becoming a Confident Caregiver, Panel Discussion hosted by San Mateo County Health Services @ Main Library
- Wednesday, April 1st, 8th, 15th, 29nd, 1:30 p.m. – Care, Connect, Thrive: A Podcast Listening Group @ Main Library
About Book to Action
The South San Francisco Public Library is one of 26 California libraries chosen for Book to Action 2020, funded by the California Center for the Book.
California Center for the Book is a program of the California Library Association, supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
Visit South San Francisco Library’s website for more information.