Burlingame Book to Action Press Release
Burlingame Public Library is proud to announce our community Book to Action program “Burlingame Reads,” running February – June 2020, with support from California Center for the Book, and in partnership with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) San Mateo County.
In the spirit to READ, DISCUSS, and ACT, we have chosen the book The Collected Schizophrenias by Esme Wang. With this title, we aim to continue peeling away the stigma and misconceptions associated with mental health. In collaboration with our partner, NAMI San Mateo County, we will be presenting workshops, speakers, and other opportunities to engage on the subject.
We invite Teens and Adults to join us for this series! Sign up at the Burlingame Library Main Branch or Easton Branch Information Desk starting February 18th. Free copies of The Collected Schizophrenias are available at both locations while supplies last.
Burlingame Public Library
480 Primrose Rd.
Burlingame, CA 94010
Burlingame Public Library Easton Branch
1800 Easton Dr.
Burlingame, CA 94010
FEATURED EVENTS INCLUDE:
- Tuesday, March 24th, 7-8:30pm: Kickoff w/ NAMI: Ending the Silence presentation
- Tuesday, March 31st, 7-8:30pm: Book discussion on Chapters 1-6
- Tuesday, April 14th, 7-8:30pm: Book discussion on Chapters 7-13
- Thursday, May 14th, 7-8:30pm: Body Justice: A conversation w/ Virgie Tovar and Alex Locust
- Thursday, May 21st, 6:30-8:30pm: Third Thursday Art Night, featuring artists on mental health
- Thursday, May 28th, 7-8:30pm: Author Event and Book Signing with Esme Wang
- Additional NAMI presentations and engagement opportunities will be announced in the coming weeks.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
The Burlingame Public Library is one of 26 California libraries chosen for Book to Action 2020, funded by the California Center for the Book.
California Center for the Book is a program of the California Library Association, supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
Download the Burlingame Book to Action 2020 Press Release.